Monday 27 February 2012

Upgrades, sort of.

I finally got my new skate snouts from Demonica Mars! I've been using homemade tennis ball toe guards for a while, but I found that they didn't give enough protection to the sides of my skates when I did slides, so I supplemented that with duct tape. It made my skates look pretty ghetto, but it did the trick.

Then the stock red laces that came with my Diablos started dying, like they were all chewed up by lacing rivets and the velcro and stuff around the top of my boot. Actually, one of my laces got so mankey that I couldn't actually tie it properly or else it would snap. But I had some nice yellow laces (that took *ahem* three months to get) from derbyskates.com.au, so I thought it was time to switch those in. But my mankey laces couldn't even be unlaced through my boot; I had to cut them off with scissors.

Here's a before and after picture of my skates:


There's nothing like a few aesthetic upgrades to make your skates feel all nice and new again! Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.